HD: A or B.
ED: 0 or 1.
Eyes: clear, no findings of HC, PRA, RD, entropion, ektropium, PHTVL/PHPV.
Dog must be at least 18-months old at the moment of the examination. The result of the eye examination is valid for two years.
1) “excellent” from two different shows from two different judges at the age of 19 months or older. One of the shows must be international show or specialty.
2) or dog must be EST CH
All requirements must be met before mating.
– minimum age for dogs used in breeding is 24-months;
– a female can have up to 25 puppies or 3 litters in Estonia. The third litter is allowed in case total number of puppies in first two litters is less than 15. All puppies of the third litter will be registered;
– female can’t be older than 7-years at the time of the last mating;
– female can be mated again when previous litter is at least 12 months old;
– a male can have maximum of 25 descendants in Estonia.
Recommended tests for breeding dogs –
– LPN1 and LPN2 gene test:
a. Only dogs with LPN1 result N/N (free) or D/N (carrier) can be used in breeding. In case dog’s LPN1 result is D/N (carrier) it can only be used in case other dog has LPN1 result N/N (free).
b. Only dogs with LPN2 result N/N (free) can be used in breeding. Dogs with LPN2 result D/N (affected) can not be used in breeding.
c. Dogs with LPN1 or LPN2 result D/D (affected) can not be used in breeding
– Leucoencephalomyelopathy (LEMP) gene test:
a. Only dogs with LEMP result N/N (free) or D/N (carrier) can be used in breeding. In case dog’s LEMP result is D/N (carrier) it can only be used in case other dog has LEMP result N/N (free).
b. Dogs with LEMP result D/D (affected) can not be used in breeding
Remark – Dog will be considered LPN1/LPN2/LEMP free also in case both parents of the dog have respective test result N/N (free) and the result is published on the list of test results on the web-page of International Leonberger Union. The remark only applies for the first-generation descendants or in case parentage in all generations is proved by DNA-test.
– BH- or character-test